Sehwag demolishes Deccans





With a superb display of batting hitting 119 off 56 balls with 13 fours and six sixes, Sehwag simpley destroyed the bowling of the Deccans.

DDD were 25/3 and then Sehwag took over the responsibilty. He had taken DDD to victory with a superb innings. Sehwag proved that Fortune favours the brave. A coup
le of catches were dropped and DDD capitalised on that.

When he wsa out in the 17th over, the Deccans came up to congratulate him.

Steyn removed Finch for a duck and Ishant removed Ojha for 7 and Rao for 3 to reduce DDD to 25/3.

Viru said that the target of 176 was not impossible and if he batted 16 overs, he knew he could do it.

"I was always telling my boys that if a set batsman can bat for 15-16 overs, any target is achievable for players like myself, Sachin Tendulkar, Adam Gilchrist" said the formidable blaster."

Sehwag was not at all bothered when Sharma and Steyn reduced DDD to 25/3.


"Steyn and Ishant are both world-class bowlers. I was telling myself that if I can just manage to see off their first spell, I will be in a position to attack their fifth bowler which is the weaklink. Also I knew that I would be able to handle Amit Mishra as I have practised a lot against him at the nets" said he.

He had missed a century earlier at Uppal, but then he did not want to miss one here.

"I didn't want to miss out on a century this time" said the new wearer of the Orange Cap, having scored 422 runs.

On the contrary, Sanga was remorseful that DC had floored two catches off Sehwag.

"Well, I reckon you have to take catches in order to win matches"

"Viru batted excellently but then 175 was a very good score on this track. Our fielding wasn't upto the mark and we suffered because of that" said the mighty Lankan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teams averse to playing Eng - Bell